I have an expert witness report from surveyor which proves his work was not of a satisfactory standard. He is suing me for about £4,000 my report says it would take £7,000 to put right his work. I am counterclaiming for this amount.
The builder said because I signed his work off i should pay him, many of his faults were only picked up by the surveyors report. The builder has a solicitor representing him in court, I cant afford one and was wondering what questions the judge/his solicitors might ask me. I have never been to court before and have no idea what to expect.

Answer by LOVE IS A FOUR LETTER WORD
You need a solicitor or you will lose, but if you go in with proper documentation to substantiate your claim the court will assist you, it will probably be a wash where neither party prevails.~

Answer by ca_surveyor
Well without knowing the details, it is impossible to tell you what to ask..

If you can not afford a laywer, at the very least have the surveyor there as YOUR witness. The two you can work out some sort of case....but

YOU SHOULD HIRE A LAYWER. It sounds like you are in deep sh*t before you have even started.. even if you have a GREAT case.

.



Give your answer to this question below!

Orignal From: Cowboy builder taking me to small claims for non-payment. What questions will be asked in court?

0 comments